Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy Birthday Singapore!

One can check out more about this year's National Day celebrations here.

Even though I've been in the UK for quite a while now, and generally a disgruntled human being, I'm proud to say that I'm Singaporean. I wish all the best for Singapore's future, economically and socially.

I'm not one for gahmen propaganda, but I agree with this year's slogan. Dear singaporeans, the future is really ours to make of it.

Here's a brilliant article on Singapore.

merlion

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there was absolutely no mention nor any corks popping here about our 40th anniv of nationhood - BC is 18,000 km away. Not to mention no celebratory meals; in fact my stomach did a backflip after eating too much pizza the night before...duh!

10:58 PM  
Blogger atreidai said...

What do you mean by BC? Is it a place? Well, in any case, you could have worn red or hung a flag? :D Not that I did anything either.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BC = British Columbia. Wearing red has no significance to anybody here except the wearer...;0)
Anyway, will be home for good in 3 weeks, wondering what will life be like in smog(haze is a euphemism) filled singapore. Packing abt 80 kg of mine, wife's & kids' books into our luggage - hope wont be overall overwt on JAL. Btw, your osama backpack is hilarious!! Take care and enjoy your studies. Blessings, yj.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home