Friday, July 01, 2005

We have a boudoir

The woman and I had a great time along Clark Quay last night. I had previously heard that it had been recently redeveloped, and since we were around the vicinity, we decided to check it out.

After sticking out heads into several places, we decided to settle down in Indochine's new offering, Forbidden City @ Clarke Quay. I know, it's terribly poser name, but I thought the Qin Shi Huang terracotta warriors were pretty damn cool. For a Discovery channel geek like me, it was the right bait to draw me in through it's doors.

The staff were friendly, and the antique styled lounges were very distinctive and interesting. There was this PR manager who was surprisingly friendly, and I would have to say that it was probably one of the best service I've ever encountered. She even let down the tied drapes around our little corner, giving us some measure or illusion of privacy. Seeing as it was a thursday evening, the Bar Cocoon wasn't too crowded and the music wasn't so loud that you had to shout in order to have a conversation.

As for the food, as bar snacks go, their rice parcels (or what we would call mini poh piah) were well prepared, and delicious. Good food accompanied with refreshing fruit juice based cocktails and a warm atmosphere, it was probably one of the best evenings out we've had in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home