Sunday, August 14, 2005

Marc Newson's Nike Zvezdochka

I was browsing around Covent Garden yesterday and decided to step into Offspring. There I finally laid eyes upon what is probably the coolest pair of shoes ever designed. I first stumbled across it several months ago here. But to truly hold a pair in my hands, the design of the Zvezdochka blows me away. Its exhorbitant RRP of £190 is the only thing that stopped me from leaving the store with a pair (despite the insistent peddling of a certain shop assistant).

hugemag_zvezdocha

"Launched in the Japanese magazine Huge, the Nike Zvezdochka is out of this world. Literally. Designed by Marc Newson as a multi purpose shoe for cosmonauts, it's named for the Russian space dog that ventured aboard Sputnik 10 in 1961. While it may look like a reinvention of the Jelly, it promises to be the next major accomplishment in footwear engineering. If you're in London, you might be able to decide for yourself when Newson's show opens next week at the Design Museum."

Excerpt from Coolhunting

newson2

newson

Photos from raeo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home