Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tragedy in London

I'm horrified at the incidents in London today. Thank God I just happen to be back home for a holiday at this moment in time. I've been living in London for several years now, and it has truly become my second home, a city which I've come to love and call my own.

Watching the images of destruction, of places which are so familiar to me. The bus outside the British Medical Association where I walked past everyday in my 1st year, King's Cross and Edgeware Road. It's cliche, but I'm in shock. I just didn't know how to respond.

Rushing home, I called as many of the people around me as I could get hold of back there. Thank the good LORD that they are all fine. From the reports on BBC, the emergency services seem to be handling the situation well. Living with the threat of the IRA in the 80s and 90s has trained them well for such an "inevitable" day.

Michelle @ Syntaxfree has quoted well, "We will never surrender." The people of London will never bow to to such dastardly acts of terror. We will never give in, and we will never be terrorised.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya! Glad you're ok :)
-Audrey

7:11 AM  
Blogger atreidai said...

Thanks.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home