Sunday, December 05, 2004

Holed up

Stuck in the hall this weekend because of vice warden duty. It's always good to have time to myself, sit in my room, reflect and chill out. But strangely, this weekend it's been awfully lonely. I know everyone has to deal with loneliness, but for some reason I've just been escaping. The one good thing that came out of a pretty much useless saturday was reading The Alchemist. It's been sitting in my room for ages. I must have bought it about 3 months back, and I never got round to reading it. I have to say, that the reviews really do give it justice. I admire writers who are able to use simple language and simple stories to convey something just a little deeper, and just a little wonderful. Probably not the best review ever, or the most well written, but then again, I'm hardly Hemingway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home