Saturday, December 18, 2004

London Friday Nights

A Bloody Mary, too many cigarettes, Jonathan Ross and Martin Scorsese later, here I am again, too late, too cold, and too bored. It seems that I've never truly made full use of my time here in London. There are always too many gigs, and too many performances which I've missed. I've spent too much time frittering it away in the lab, and in Forbidden Planet. Though I have to say, Forbidden Planet has got to be one of my favourite places in this city. Call it the geek in me, or whatever.

I've been here for more than 4 years now, and I've only ever been to 1 concert, 1 musical (if you call the series of random dance routines that is Fosse a musical) and 1 live gig. I have no idea where my time has gone. Albeit I've pretty much seen every single DJ worth seeing in my time here. Copious amounts of dance music don't seem to assuage this feel that I could be living a little more. Living a little harder. It's quite difficult when your heart is in another country, and your mind is in an incubator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home